It is important that appointments at the VA be scheduled between 9:00 and early afternoon if at all possible. Early morning and late day appointments make very long days for drivers and other veterans. The van departs from the VA at 3:00 PM (sooner if everyone is done)
Call for your reservations as soon as you know you have an appointment. We request three days notice to schedule rides. We understand that sometimes veterans don’t get that much advance notice and we’ll try to work short notice rides in.
When arranging transportation, the dispatchers will need the following information:
- Full Name
- Address and directions
- Phone number – home and cell
- Last four digits of your social security number
- Appointment time(s) and places
- Generally, the maximum number of riders per van is five.
- Veterans must be ambulatory and able to get in and out of the vehicle with minimal assistance.
- The vans will only transport bagged oxygen for riders.
- Communicate with the van driver if your provider schedules additional appointments while you are there or if you choose to take a different way home. It is very important to notify the van driver of these types of changes.
- Please call the dispatchers to schedule rides – drivers are not authorized to set up rides. Unfortunately, we are unable to schedule multiple trips in a day. If a veteran misses the van – we cannot turn it around or send another van.
- Timber Trails does have a no-show policy. If rides are requested and the rider fails to go – riding privileges may be suspended.