The State RTAP Manager’s Toolkit is a comprehensive guide to setting up and maintaining a successful Rural Transit Assistance Program (RTAP). Material contained in the toolkit comes from the experiences and expertise of state RTAP managers, and in many cases, is supported by additional research.
The toolkit can be read from beginning to end as a guide for new RTAP managers or those looking to enhance an existing program, and can also be used for reference about specific aspects of RTAP program management by skipping to the relevant section(s).
Templates or examples are available for most policies and forms used in RTAP programs, as well as links to other relevant information.
Thank you to the National RTAP Review Board Workgroup for project guidance, and to the numerous RTAP managers who were willing to share their knowledge and materials to make this toolkit a substantial resource.
- Kim Adair, North Dakota DOT
- Denise Tyler, Delaware Transit Corporation
- John Edmondson, Illinois DOT
- Ryan Fujii, Hawaii DOT
- Dan Harrigan, Arizona DOT
- Linda Howell, Washington State DOT
- Chris Kleehammer, SETHRA Public Transit
- John Krause, Idaho DOT
- Zenotha Robinson, Mississippi DOT
- Bob Sharp, Pennsylvania DOT
- Mike Wright, Florida DOT
- Tracy Young, formerly of Arizona DOT