National RTAP in the Cloud hosts all of National RTAP’s web applications (web apps), making them easily available and free of cost to users across the country. All of the applications and data are hosted on the National RTAP server, and users can access the information and functionality without having to download the applications to their computers. It also allows users to access the web apps from any computer or device with internet service. National RTAP in the Cloud lives anywhere you can connect to the internet!
National RTAP in the Cloud Features
- Automatically get the most updated version of the web applications each time you log into the National RTAP Cloud
- Personal and organizational information is shared across all of the web applications, preventing users from having to enter information multiple times
- Applications and saved work do not occupy any space on users’ computers because everything is hosted on the National RTAP server
- All applications and saved work can be accessed from any computer or device with an internet connection
- User information remains secure, and users choose what information is shared with other National RTAP in the Cloud users
- Members form a community of National RTAP in the Cloud users who can share information with each other
The structure of National RTAP in the Cloud comprises three levels: federal, state and local. National RTAP is situated at the federal level, while state DOTs occupy the state level. The local level includes state associations and any local transit agencies and organizations. To access National RTAP in the Cloud, all users create a Cloud account and are assigned to one of these levels.
There are also User Roles for Cloud accounts. The first person to create a Cloud account from an organization is the Cloud Admin for that particular organization. The Cloud Admin has access to all of the National RTAP web applications and features (highest security role). The Cloud Admin has the ability to assign other User Roles to other individuals in the organization as they create their accounts. Turning on these User Roles allows others in your organization to view and use the various web apps.
After users create their Cloud accounts and their User Roles have been set, they have access to the National RTAP web apps. More information about each of the web apps can be found by clicking on the links in the left toolbar of this page.