National RTAP eLearning Overview
The National RTAP eLearning portal is an online Learning Management System (LMS) that hosts National RTAP training and links to outside training and other resources. Everything on the LMS is free of charge.
The typical end user will be transit management and staff, such as drivers, maintenance personnel, and dispatchers, who can access training via a computer or mobile device.
The LMS allows learners to take self-guided, online courses at their own pace and on their own schedule. Learners can revisit the material at any time.
eLearning can help reduce costs by minimizing the need to hire a trainer, rent classroom space, or send employees to trainings outside of their area. Further, managers can track employee learning and obtain reports that document compliance for training requirements.
To learn more, download the new eLearning Technical Brief.
You must have an account to access the training on the National RTAP eLearning portal at elearning.nationalrtap.org. To create an account, you will need to REGISTER. If you already have an account, you can LOGIN.
To get your transit agency team set up, first download and read the Team Admin Getting Started Guide and then submit the Agency Request form in the toolbar on the National RTAP eLearning homepage. Once your team is set up, you can add learners manually or use this Bulk Import Template to add them all at once.
Before you register, contact your manager to see if your agency has been set up as a learning team. You will need an Access Code from your manager to be put in the correct team, but learners can also register independently.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 888-589-6821, or via chat in the upper right.
National RTAP eLearning currently has the following courses available. Some were developed as eLearning and others were adapted to be eLearning versions of existing courses. In addition, there are some resources provided by other organizations.
- Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors (NEW)
- Busing on the Lookout Human Trafficking Training (NEW)
- 60 Minute Substance Abuse Awareness Training for Safety Sensitive Employees
- Problem Passengers, Challenging Situations
- START Online - Safety Training and Rural Transit
- 2 the Point Training
- Top Shops: Emergency Management in Vehicle Maintenance Facilities
- Emergency Procedures for Rural Transit Drivers
- Bus Roadeo Toolkit Video
- Wheelchair Securement and Lifts Training Videos (AMF-Bruns of America, BraunAbility, Q’Straint/Sure-Lok, RICON)
- FTA 101: An Introduction to the Federal Transit Administration
- FTA Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Guidance
- FTA Title VI Program Requirements for Grantees