National RTAP Training
On these pages you will find all of the different training materials provided by National RTAP in print, online, or through our eLearning learning management system. National RTAP provides these training materials free of charge to help rural and tribal transit providers with training needs and requirements. Also see our Directory of Trainers for some outside training resources and trainers-for-hire.
National RTAP eLearning
The National RTAP eLearning portal, or learning management system (LMS), is the newest addition to National RTAP’s training resources, hosting self-guided, online courses on topics like emergency management, general refresher training, and problem passengers. More trainings will continue to be added over time, both National RTAP courses and links to outside trainings and resources. Learner progress and scores can be tracked and documented by managers in the LMS.
Visit the National RTAP eLearning page to learn more and get started!
2 The Point Training
Our 2 The Point Training is another popular National RTAP training resource with a non-traditional format. Visit the 2 The Point Training page to learn more about these flexible refresher training cards and to download the PDFs and start using them with your drivers today!
Also note that an online version of the 2 The Point Training cards has been added to National RTAP eLearning.
National RTAP Training Modules
National RTAP’s traditional hard-copy training modules are available through our online Resource Library. Some of the modules are designed for use as an instructor-led training (ILT), with both a Learner’s Guide and an Instructor’s Guide and often include a disc with a PowerPoint and other materials for use in the ILT. However the Learner’s Guides can also be used simply as self-guided training.
For a full list of all of National RTAP training modules, as well as technical briefs, online toolkits, directories, and web apps, download the current Resource Catalog. Training modules can be downloaded or ordered for free from the Resource Library, or you can order by phone (888-589-6821), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or chat (click the button in the upper right).
Please see the How to Search, Download and Order guide for more information about using our Resource Library.
National RTAP training modules include:
- Substance Abuse Awareness Training (NEW)
- Top Shops: Emergency Management in Vehicle Maintenance Facilities (NEW)
- START - Safety Training and Rural Transit
- START Online (NEW online version)
- Customer Driven Service
- Emergency Procedures for Rural Transit Drivers
- Problem Passengers, Challenging Situations
- Scheduling & Dispatching for Rural Transit Systems
- Boards that Perform
- Crossing Great Divides: A Guide to Elder Mobility Resources and Solutions in Indian Country
- Essential Skills for Trainers
- Roles & Responsibilities of Transit Managers
- How to Buy a Vehicle
- Fundamental Financial Management for Rural Transit Agencies
- Risk Management for Rural Transit Managers
- Introduction to Preventative Maintenance
- Public-Private Partnerships in Rural Transit Systems
- Transportation Coordination