NATIONAL RTAP CONTACT:
National Rural Transit Assistance Program (RTAP) Announces the Launch of Its New Website and Support Center
November 2013, Woburn, MA – National Rural Transit Assistance Program (National RTAP) announces the launch of its new website and Support Center.
National RTAP's new website design allows viewers to more easily access information and engage with National RTAP staff, services and products. With news, best practices, and resources changing regularly, visitors to the National RTAP website will find reasons to return to the site again and again! Specific improvements include an enhanced Resource Library, expanded Tribal Transit section, new State RTAP Manager directory, and dynamic homepage.
Enhancements to the Resource Library include the following:
- New Resource Library landing page
- Improved browsing, with the ability to drill down from a general subject area into specific categories
- Cleaner design of the search interfaces
- Auto-fill function when searching
- New topic guides that provide quick and simple help finding resources in various subject areas
- Ability for customers to edit resource orders after they are placed
National RTAP has also redesigned its Support Center, where customers can find instructional documents and videos for all of the National RTAP in the Cloud web apps. Viewers can easily reach the Support Center both from within National RTAP in the Cloud and the National RTAP website to access multimedia help resources.
Enhancements to the Support Center include the following:
- Improved site design that allows visitors to easily and quickly find information
- Updated instructional documents and videos
- Website search function that allows visitors to use keywords to quickly find the information they need
Patti Monahan, Executive Director of National RTAP, says “We hope you enjoy the new National RTAP website and think of it as a resource that you can refer to often for the latest rural transit industry information and access to National RTAP’s products and services. Please take a look and let us know what you think!”
National RTAP is a program of the Federal Transit Administration administered by the Neponset Valley Transportation Management Association and serves as the national arm for the Rural Transit Assistance Program. The mission of National RTAP is to improve mobility in all rural, small urban and tribal communities across the country through technical assistance. Since its inception in 1987 National RTAP has developed and distributed training materials, provided technical assistance, generated reports, published best practices, conducted research and offered Peer Assistance with the goal of improved mobility for the millions of Americans living in communities with populations under 50,000.
For more information, please contact Shannon Greenwell at 781-404-5013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.